PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan (PMGS-NMP)
Launched by: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
Launch date: 13th October 2021
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the PM Gati Shakti – National Master Plan (PMGS-NMP) on 13th October 2021 for providing Multi-Modal Connectivity infrastructure to various economic zones
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) accorded approval for the implementation of PM Gatishaakti National Mater plan on 21st October 2021.
- PM Gati Shakti is a digital platform to bring 16 Ministries including Railways and Roadways together for integrated planning and coordinated implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects.
- The Multi-Modal Connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for the movement of people, goods, and services from one mode of transport to another.
- It will facilitate the last mile connectivity of infrastructure and also reduce travel time for people.
The vision of PM Gati Shakti:
- PM Gati Shakti will incorporate the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN, etc.
- Economic zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defense corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, and Agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity and make Indian business more competitive.
- It will also leverage technology extensively including spatial planning tools with ISRO imagery developed by BiSAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Application and Geoinformatics).
The pillars of Pm Gatishakti
The PM Gati Shakti is based on six pillars:
- It Includes all the existing and planned initiatives of various Ministries and Departments with one centralized portal.
- Each and every Department will now have visibility of each other’s activities providing critical data while planning and executing projects in a comprehensive manner.
- Through this, different departments will be able to prioritize their projects through cross-sectoral interactions.
- PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan will assist different ministries in planning for projects after the identification of critical gaps.
- This will help in selecting the most optimum route in terms of time and cost for the transportation of goods.
- PM Gati Shakti helps in synchronizing the activities of each department, as well as of different layers of governance in a holistic manner by ensuring coordination of work between them.
- The plan provides the entire data in one place with GIS-based spatial planning and analytical tools having 200 plus layers which will enable better visibility to the executive agency.
- Now all ministries and departments will be able to visualize, review and monitor the progress of cross-sectoral projects through the GIS platform.
- The satellite imagery will give on-ground progress periodically and the progress of projects will be updated on a regular basis on the portal.
- It will help in identifying the vital interventions for enhancing and updating the master plan.
The Seven engines of PM GatiShakti:
PM GatiShakti is a transformative approach for economic growth and sustainable development. The approach is driven by seven engines, namely:
- Mass Transport
- Logistic Infrastructure.
Union Minister for Finance &Corporate Affairs-Smt Nirmala Sitharaman said while presenting the Union Budget 2022-23 in Parliament that “All seven engines will pull forward the economy in unison. These engines are supported by the complementary roles of Energy Transmission, IT Communication, Bulk Water & Sewerage, and Social Infrastructure.”
The approach is powered by Clean Energy and Sabka Prayas – the efforts of the Central Government, the State Governments, and the private sector together. This leads to huge job and entrepreneurial opportunities for all, especially the youth.
Significances/Benefits of PM GatiShakti:
- PMGS-NMP will provide the public and business community information regarding the upcoming connectivity projects, business hubs, industrial areas, and the surrounding environment.
- This will enable the investors to plan their business at a suitable location leading to enhanced synergies.
- Multiple employment opportunities will be created by this.
- It will give a boost to the economy.
- Global competitiveness of local products will be improved by this by cutting down the logistic costs and improving the supply chain.
- also, ensure proper linkage for local industry & consumers to improve local supply and boost the economy.
You can also read:
- Global Gender Gap (GGG) Index 2022
- One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Thank you 🙂