Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021
When Released: 25th August 2021
The index was released by: Cushman & Wakefield plc (CWK). It is a global commercial real estate services firm.
Headquarter: Chicago, Illinois (United States)
Top three ranks of Global Manufacturing Risk Index
1st Rank: China
2nd Rank: India
3rd Rank: USA (United States of America)
Global Manufacturing Risk Index is about the global ranking in the most advantageous/suitable/desirable destination to invest in the manufacturing sector among 47 countries in Europe, the Americas, and the Asia Pacific.
Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021 has been released by Cushman & Wakefield Plc. Cushman and Wakefield’s is one of the Biggest global commercial REAL ESTATE services firms in the world.
INDIA is an emerging Manufacturing Destination globally and holds the 2nd Position after China for the most advantageous location for global manufacturing and effectively surpasses the USA this year (2021) as per Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021 report.
The Cushman & Wakefield’s Gather the data from reliable and trusted sources including World Economic Forum, Moody’s analytics, and the World Bank.
As still, the COVID-19 Pandemic continues to stress manufacturing sector reliance on global production lines and supply chains, Qualified location decisions remain crucial for manufacturers seeking to safeguard output and maintain growth.
Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021 assesses the most advantageous locations for global manufacturing among 47 countries in Europe, the Americas, and the Asia Pacific.
Key facts :
- The Global Manufacturing Risk Index report is about to identify and rank the most suitable location for global manufacturing among 47 countries in Europe, the Americas, and the Asia-Pacific
- In the Global Manufacturing Risk Index INDIA holding the 2nd position in the list of the most advantageous locations for global manufacturing among 47 countries worldwide.
- In the Global Manufacturing Risk Index, CHINA holds 1st position and Followed by INDIA 2nd and USA (United States Of America) holding 3rd position.
- In The Cost scenario, INDIA Rank is 3rd after Indonesia ranks 2nd. China holds 1st position.
- In the Risk scenario, INDIA rank is at 28th. 1st rank hold by China, 2nd rank by Canada, and 3rd rank by the USA.
Within the report Countries manufacturing risk capabilities are measured by the following key areas :
Bounce Back: Projected ability to restart manufacturing operations as vaccines are rolled out and business begins and return to the normal condition
Conditions: As per the Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021 report, the below factors are used to evaluate the suitable location for manufacturing. Business Environment, Including the availability of talent/labor and access to markets.
- Talent/Labor Force
- Logistic access to the Markets
- Business Environment
- Sustainability/Corporate Responsibility
Costs: As per the report, the below areas are under consideration for manufacturing cost and it plays a decisive role to choose a suitable location for manufacturing. Operating costs including labor, electricity, and REAL ESTATE.
- Manufacturing labor costs per hour
- Electricity for industrial/Heavy use (Price Per Hour)
- Construction Building costs
- Registering Property Cost (% of income per Capita)
Risks: As per the report for the Risk perspective below areas are under consideration to choose a suitable or advantageous location for manufacturing. It is Political, Economic, and Environmental.
- Natural Disaster risks
- Economic Risk
- Corporate Risk
- Energy Risk
Below the tables are showing the Countries ranking in terms of Cost and Risk
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index (MRI) 2020
- CCPI (Climate Change Performance Index) 2021