World Happiness Report 2022
World Happiness Report 2022 was released on 18th – March – 2022
Released By: Sustainable Development Solution Network (SDSN). A Global Initiative For the United Nations (UN).
INDIA’s Rank: 136th
Top Rank: Finland
INDIA ranked 136th Position this year and it has improved little in rank from last year’s rank of 139th.
The World Happiness Report 2022 marked its 10th Anniversary and included 146 countries for assessment of this year’s report. The report generally includes 150 countries for assessment.
What is World Happiness Report?
World Happiness Report is about giving more importance to happiness and well-being in determining how to achieve and measure social and economic development.
On 19th July 2011, BHUTAN the country that introduce this approach and sponsored Resolution “65/309 Happiness: Towards a holistic approach to development. ” adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations (UN).
On 2nd April 2012, the first World Happiness Report was presented to review evidence from the emerging science of Happiness for the ‘Defining a New Economic Paradigm’.
On 28th June 2012, The United Nations General Assembly Adopted resolution “66/281, and Declared 20th March as “The International Day of Happiness” to be observed annually.”
The World Happiness Report is now released every year around March 20th as part of the International Day of Happiness Celebration.
- The World Happiness Report based on two key ideas that are:
- Happiness or life evaluation can be measured through an opinion survey.
- We can identify key determinants of well-being and thereby explain the patterns of life evaluation across countries.
- This report is prepared and presented by “SDSN (Sustainable Development Solutions Network) a Global Initiative for the United Nations“ every year since 2013 with the help of “The Gallup World Poll” as the main source of data for Life Evaluation.
- World Happiness Report is based on several factors such as
- Real GDP per capita
- Social Support
- Healthy life Expectancy
- Perception of corruption
- The freedom to make life choices
- For the fifth year in a row, Finland grabs the top spot as the happiest country in the world. On the other hand, Afghanistan has been ranked 146th as the most unhappy country in the world.
Top ten countries:
As per the 2022 World Happiness Report, the top 10 countries are as below:
- New Zealand
Ten bottom countries:
As per the 2022 Happiness Report, the Bottom 10 countries are as below:
- India has shown a little improvement in ranking, and it has ranked 136th From 139th last year 2021.
You can also read:
- Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022
- Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021
- Global Hunger Index 2021 (GHI)
- United Nations Agencies
Thank you 🙂